Author Topic: Site Discussion: Art  (Read 118570 times)

sera

Site Discussion: Art
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:49:30 PM »
Okay, guys.  We're in a sticky wicket. 

Essentially, we don't currently have an artist for the site.  :/  Dark has been absolutely buried by real life and is currently putting her art focus on things she already owes to try to get unburied on that side. 

So, what are you interested in for the art side?  What would you like to see?  What do you want that side to be set up like?

We have a few ideas kicking around right now (including opening up other adoptable species to be able to come full, on-site races), but i want to look outside of the box and find something to make this site more sustainable for our users. <3 

So, idea away!  Please list anything and everything you can think of including things you wouldn't want to see.  ( I.e. sera trying to draw your chars.  ^.~ )  You are also welcome to PM me with your thoughts, if you'd prefer to keep them private.

Please, guys, don't take offense at other people's opinions, especially the ones that disagree with your own.   

i'm willing to try things out until we find a solution that works for us. 

[Those with comms on the books:  i have not forgotten you.  i am so sorry that things are taking so long.  :/  It is unprofessional and if i could do a good enough job, i would have finished them myself.  Unfortunately, i'm not, and i can't give you the quality you deserve.  These measures are also an attempt to get the artwork owed to you done.]

AutumnrainChaos

Re: Site Discussion: Art
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
I like the idea of adding other species.

Also, I just kinda wanted to know what the plot was and how it was going xD
I'm insane, let's just go with that.

sera

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:00:29 PM »
World and RP stuff will still be going up.  ^^  i'm a bit slow still due to Corpsefinger and some other life issues. <3 

Midnight Phantom

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 10:12:14 PM »
The first species has been renovated ::points to sera and imps:: there might likely be a more in depth thing later too o.o

::looks at other ideas too :: o.o

Figment

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
Not sure how people like the idea of bases but if someone were to do a few pre made bases I'd be willing to try to help with the art or something when I'm not busy with work. Just... My anatomy kinda sucks on its own.

Kira_Sonar

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:32:08 PM »
First off I want to thank you, Sera, for putting in so much effort for us.

Second I'd like to thank Dark for her warm intentions. Really hope life lets off of her soon, but what she's doing is for the best. Got to keep things inside life's current limitations. No one can fault her for that.

Lastly. I adore this site. The whole idea and it's possibilities. As for what I'd like to see in the future? I think a new speices would be nice. Tho I'm not certain how they'd fit into the world as most territories are filled. Perhaps they'd live on an uncharted island or a land from across the sea? (As in not on the current map.) That or perhaps a tough species for the Ice Wastes, just above the imp mountains.

Perhaps you could also focus on bringing in more template pet species? Like Figment's Wisps or the lovely Elenaria. Heck even some templated treasure or equipment maybe? Might keep things a bit more lively, having items to work toward getting.

As for the art itself. Perhaps there is another artist out there we could find? Granted I doubt that's an easy task. Also as far as pre made basis. Maybe it'd be ok to have a male/female set for each made? With a few selections (Such as different clothing, hair length, ect.) thrown in? Then have unique posed Grovkin come along for free events or customs? Just a few more ideas.

Midnight Phantom

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »
Kira (and anyone else XD), I am curious what new species you would consider? ^.^   

(( a few like fauns I think were said to be a hybrid type? O.o))

Kira_Sonar

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 10:51:26 AM »
This might be unoriginal but some type of Demi Species? Such as Werewolfs? For the Ice wastes. With all that magic and tragedy perhaps some Kin became warped and more animalistic? That or totally make up another backstory for the species. Like maybe they were a small hunted tribe before the imps were forced southward. At which point they thrived.

Another idea could be Harpies? Know Cherubs are bird like. Yet this species could be more so, yet flightlss. Like this? Click for example. Backstory being a race from an undiscovered, far away island.

Last idea for now~ Gargoyles. Know there was an idea of knocking around a dragon idea. Yet that idea being really close to the current Imp design. Sooooo what if we went a little more demi based and made a race something like Goliath's? Click for example. Tho not sure as to what background could be used here.

Midnight Phantom

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions ^.^
The gargoyle race is really close to the imp thougho.o with just a difference in body build and height? Compared to the ones that are out right now o.o

As for a  demi type I don't know o.o ::eyes elenaria:: might really depend if they are brought o.o. there  is also the transformation power  that can transform kin too  and I don't know if you can ask for art in their transformed phase ^.^;  ::falls back to sera and dark in that ^.^;::

Harpies ::falls back on sera for that:: XD

We are still writing more of the world story for the kin and adjusting it too, need to slim down a few profiles and pass them on to sera. currently Art wise is where we are stuck at the moment, but as sera said we haven't forgotten the people who paid for commissions and are trying to find a way to completely them while Dark is away.

Kira_Sonar

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
For the Gargoyle race, I just want to add that Brownies are very similar to both Imps and Cherubs. It's rather hard coming up with a new mythical idea. So far all basis seem to be crossed in this world. Even a Golden Hind falls under the Centaur aspect of things. Where as a Basilisk is something more Naga. So I really think a background story will sell if a new idea will work or not. Which is why the Gargoyle idea may not work at all. I can't seem to find a nitch for them.

Where as Werewolves or another Demi type would have animalistic bodies. Not transformation or ability to become something else by day. Unless you worked the back story to fit that way. Tho I'm leaning more toward full time, wolf anthros. Perhaps not even all that bright of a species.

Can't wait to see others ideas and what'll get chosen in the future.

Bunraku

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 12:59:16 PM »
Actually....I have an idea that could fit the gargoyle, harpy, and werewolf idea in after reading this that could explain any similarities between races (Also, those harpies would be -really- fun to template...just saying, though I make no promises >.>;;;; )

I think it would be pretty interesting to do full time anthros. Maybe alter the gargoyle design in some way to make it more animalistic.

*flutters off to plot*

Break me out from the prison of my own pride.

Figment

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 11:40:24 AM »
Elemental beings. Like golems. Either natural or artificially made

sera

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 01:44:22 PM »
*revives this thread!!!!*

What does the user base think of having a base template art version?  Potentially as placeholders until we can locate artist(s) for real art?

With the caveat, of course, that we might get stuck without a full time artist.  ^^;;;

Kira_Sonar

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »
Again I'll just say thanks for continuing to think of us~

As far as template art. I really wouldn't mind it for future characters. Might actually make the sight more booming, specially with a few interchangeable accessories for the templates. Tho for these customs or any further customs. I'd rather them be unique. (Granted placeholders could be acceptable. Tho I'm all for just waiting longer. No rush. I wouldn't even know how to snag a full time artist.)

sera

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »
Thank you, Kira!

And, yes... somehow... i still want to get ya'll your owed art.  .___.;;;;  Just.... |D;;;; yah.